forum rss feed
Author

tomchristie22 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Because the wind is high
tomchristie22
Deity: 2190 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Nov 17, 03:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another instance of near senile ramblings by Brian. This one’s particularly nasty and directed at one fan who made a copyright claim after he reposted their photo of him.

https://instagram.com/p/BbcE6PejIwQ/

‘How rude’ he says. Before publicly naming the person, implicitly setting his fanbase on them, and threatening to have them thrown out if they ever try to attend another Q+AL show. I know who’s ruder.

I know Brian struggles with mental illness, but if this is the toll touring takes on his emotional wellbeing, perhaps it’s about time to pack it in.

Kamenliter user not visiting Queenzone.com
Kamenliter
Bohemian: 201 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 17, 06:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He reposted a photo and forgot to give credit and the person reported him resulting in his IG account being shut down. You don't think that's going a bit far? I'd be pretty pissed too. All the person had to do was leave a comment on the photo stating that it was her pic and I'm sure Brian would have apologized in a reply or it could have been done in a DM. But to report him for that? That's ridiculous.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 3336 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 17, 06:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

U guys have to realize that life gets tough when u get that old. That's why people have minders and PA'S to handle "next gen" shit.

To prevent ventilations.

I've done it myself. Good God would i have loved to have some PA to screen my bullshit angered ramblings sometime.

Anyways. Yes. Should've had more patience.

Weird response

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"
stevelondon20 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 361 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 17, 07:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whilst I love Brian and all Queen related music, he clearly is losing the plot.

Chief Mouse user not visiting Queenzone.com
Video Man
Chief Mouse
Royalty: 1885 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 17, 08:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kamenliter wrote:

He reposted a photo and forgot to give credit and the person reported him resulting in his IG account being shut down. You don't think that's going a bit far? I'd be pretty pissed too. All the person had to do was leave a comment on the photo stating that it was her pic and I'm sure Brian would have apologized in a reply or it could have been done in a DM. But to report him for that? That's ridiculous.

Agree.

Don't Try So Hard [video montage] - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_cyFO26spE

The March Of The Black Queen [video montage] - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxt66bJibX8
matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 3336 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 17, 08:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is this where i realize I'm "old"?

Doesn't DM mean Depeche Mode?
Why would they receive a transmission in a Depeche Mode (unit)?
I'm horribly confused :-/

*They're probably Lambert fans who don't even know who the band is.

They've got all the modern equipment. ..they're to video Lambert 's boots during his performances.

Another one specifically for his wrist twirls,

And the guy who sucks vendor dick and stadium Dick. ...he records Adam's flat glutal "physique " every night. ..while getting drilled inhisown physique

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"
musicland munich user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bayern - Bavaria
musicland munich
Royalty: 1580 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 17, 08:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

matt z wrote:

Is this where i realize I'm "old"?

Doesn't DM mean Depeche Mode?
Why would they receive a transmission in a Depeche Mode (unit)?
I'm horribly confused :-/

I `am in my 40`s now - just a guess - DIRECT MESSAGE -
( I recieved a lot from soccer moms on a dating forum )

Munich - Cocaine and low taxes !

You can add me on FB - Musicland Munich QZ - don`t miss the QZ !
felix ibex user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 141 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 17, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kamenliter wrote:

Ditto you are right I agree, some people on here are either children or insane

Soul Brother
john bodega user not visiting Queenzone.com
john bodega
Deity: 12739 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 17, 13:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well it's definitely not very Dude of him. There had to be a less humiliating way for him to utterly squash the stupid bitch

on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2309 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 17, 15:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I completely understand Brian getting angry over this.
And it's then his temper to react in such a way. It's him being his honest self. Like it, or not ;-)

on my way up
noorie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 651 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 17, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually it seems this woman did ask for credit, but Brian possibly did not see it. Check the posts by brianmayormaynot and paurogers1664.
I would quote them here, but I am scared of infringing anybody's anything!

Oscar J user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1439 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 17, 18:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is nasty. Publicly hanging out somebody by name for something she had every right to do. Lost access to Instagram for 45 minutes: "violated". Boo-hoo. He's starting to sound like a self-entitled millennial.

"He reposted a photo and forgot to give credit and the person reported him resulting in his IG account being shut down. You don't think that's going a bit far?"

It was Instagram's decision to suspending his Instagram account. The photographer likely had no idea of what action Instagram's staff would take. Brian should be hanging out Instagram for how they handle copyright infringement, and not the photographer.

"I'd be pretty pissed too."

Being pissed doesn't excuse publicly humiliating somebody, certainly not when you have such a huge following. Brian tries to give off a general aura of kindness and philanthropy, but this is both cold and very irresponsible.

"All the person had to do was leave a comment on the photo stating that it was her pic and I'm sure Brian would have apologized in a reply or it could have been done in a DM."

Are you "sure" he consistently checks comments and DM's from his 120k followers? Doubt it.

"But to report him for that? That's ridiculous."

Not really. We don't know whether this is a professional/semiprofessional photographer who prides herself on what she does. I would probably have been hurt too, and reporting the photo is entirely in order, regardless how inconvenient it may be for the violator.

These comments by various photographer accounts sum it up well:

"Really uncalled for Brian. You broke copyright law YOU. The photo was reported because you didn't act on the msg she sent asking you to take down or credit, so yes she have to take preventative action. Unfortunately it is instagrams protocol to suspect accounts in these instances. But you have now posted the picture AGAIN and set a lynch mob on this poor woman. You do a lot of good but in this instance you are being a bully."

"This is awful and so unprofessional, Brian. She could have invoiced you for using her photo without her permission - since she owns the copyright. A credit to her does not even fix anything, if she didn't give you permission. The way you have handled this is vile, publicly attacking this woman who photographed you for her job and acting like she was privileged just for breathing the same air as you? You're a performer, not a god. Get over yourself- this is an awful way to treat another human being over a bloody instagram account when YOU WERE THE ONE IN THE WRONG."

tomchristie22 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Because the wind is high
tomchristie22
Deity: 2190 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 17, 20:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Right on Oscar. I can appreciate that the initial issue is somewhat hazy, especially considering it’s seemingly occurred internationally and copyright law is nationally located.

But regardless of who was initially in the right, Brian’s reaction is completely inappropriate. I can’t celebrate his ‘honesty’ here - as a public figure the onus is on him to moderate these feelings, and it’s thoroughly unprofessional for him to write up a personal attack on some woman who, really, inconvenienced him in a pretty small way.

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10208 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 17, 22:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wait what happened? So if I get it correctly - some Barbara took a photo of Brian and published it on instagram. Brian reposted it without her permission, meaning he violated her copyright. She filed a DMCA takedown and he's pissed, do I have that correctly?

Isn't this just one of the cases when both sides should take a deep breath before taking any other action or comments?

Oscar J user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1439 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 17, 00:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^ Yes, that would probably have been a better way forward.

Jimmy Dean user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 544 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 17, 04:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

people... the issue here is she took a picture of Brian. Brian didn't like the fact that the photo that he didn't give her credit for that led to the takedown of his account was in fact a photo of him.

has it been a picture of a smeared turd on a window - i agree... Brian must be losing it... but he was pissed that someone took down HIS account for not crediting a photo taken of HIM. He is the subject of the photo. So he feels that while he may have forgotten to credit - it's still a f**kin photo of him.

He is not senile. He was pissed for having to figure shit out that he shouldn't have to learn to figure out... at any age.

I agree with Brian's comments... and I enjoyed his line about "logic", made me laugh. he was careful not to use a threat. very diplomatic.

Makka user not visiting Queenzone.com
Makka
Bohemian: 272 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 17, 06:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good on him. It was a fucken photo of himself for crying out loud! He admits he forgot to give credit which is something he always does on photos. It could of been handled so much better by her.

Supersonic_Man89 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 258 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 17, 11:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm in no sense a 'fanboy' but i totally agree with Brian here...

She's lucky enough to have been able to take a photo at one of his gigs without the stewards getting arsey.

I'm not saying Brian dealt with the matter in a Jesus-esque way....but i can totally relate to that human frustration of being hard done by. Being an ebay seller it can happen quite often.

You'll find a lot worse examples of celebrities acting like bad people. I personally don't think this is one.

Dr Magus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 105 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 17, 11:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fight fight!

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4798 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 17, 11:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Social media seems to have undermined people's sense of proportion. It's absolutely clear he shouldn't have named her. It was petty and could potentially have some serious consequences for her.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)