Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Roger nominated for best rock drummer by MUSICRADAR!!!

forum rss feed
Author

al bundy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 62 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Nov 18, 18:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who is the best rock drummer of 2018?
Vote your favourite!

https://www.musicradar.com/news/who-is-the-best-rock-drummer-of-2018?fbclid=IwAR3GM5qK0o4pQx_M9dwgIVCr3MPZ3I3OD-NbQs9OnB2QttSFf7XNfxd8t7c

bootlegger user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 112 posts

Posted: 12 Nov 18, 21:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Taylor was top of the bill...live from 74 up to 86. Same as May...(.though Bri lost a lot of his magic after the 82 tour....repeating himself over and over again )..but thesedays..ridiculous to get Rog listed as being the best drummer of 2018. ...there are so many ( new ) talented players...( not in the big money style opportunity to get voted as well as being on suche lists...!! ) Not really a fair job..isn't it?

Posted: 12 Nov 18, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fe....Jimmy Degrasso, Andres Cobos, Mike Vanderhulle....

Lamebert whoehahaha user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lamebert whoehahaha
Champion: 93 posts

Posted: 12 Nov 18, 23:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

+1 for what bootlegger said

Roger used to be one of the best drummers in the world and I loved his drumming skills.
But now he’s an old man behind a drumkit who can’t keep track. I don’t like to say this, but it’s almost getting a bit pathetic the way he drums in 2018.
He’s almost 70, so who can blame him for losing drum skills. But he should be wiser and shouldn’t take part in this kind of big gigs anymore.

Dim user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 146 posts

Posted: 13 Nov 18, 07:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian was great in 1989 - 1993 was all worth it, I want it all, headlong, Bijou, the show must go on, Innuendo album overall and of course back to the light Era. Also he was great on one vision, a kind of magic and Princes of the universe.

Roger was great drum in the 70s early 80s on magic tour he was very good. During the Miracle and Innuendo albums he had some great moments on song like was all worth it, Innuendo and the show must go on. Worth to mention is I was born to love you.

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 9177 posts

Posted: 13 Nov 18, 07:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dom Howard is a better drummer though..

We love you Mandy!

Posted: 13 Nov 18, 19:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DIM......not only mention the studio takes please.....focus in on the live gigs if you can find the time.
my collection spreads over hunderds of boot cds, boot lps, tape boots...and more vids that QP could ever find....and i think i do have quite an good and coprhensive sight and meanings about the qualitys mentioned. As i said....when i was a teenager Taylor, May , Fred and QUEEN were top of the world (ma)....( how far have they gone if Freddie'was still around ?)...but after the Magic record, quality submitted.
- remember the crappy Magic Live lp? mixed and edited down to shit, the low quality record...how dare they to call it Miracle...the worthless Headlong, , Miracle, Gods people, cant live , Khas ship, hitman, just to name of few...can't imagine that any of the fans or Queen's music lovers will put their player on repeat to hear that crap more than once... just floppy infusions of songs they once wrote, a floppy infusion of the band they once were. Im at least happy and proud that they ended their real being QUEEN with that massive euro tour....with that massive Knebworth gig!!

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
MisterCosmicc
Bohemian: 561 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 18, 10:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He can't even drum anymore without someone playing from a kit as well. Crazy. We should call Queen 'The Queenie Brothers'

Dr Magus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 430 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 18, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Eventually Roger will be old and frail and reduced to just playing a few cymbals whilst someone else plays his drum parts. Has happened in other bands, Caravan and Moody Blues to name two.

If Roger retired would Brian carry and use the Queen name?

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4887 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 18, 17:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Phil Collins' son, anyone? He is a great talent.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

darcy-wright user not visiting Queenzone.com
darcy-wright
Champion: 57 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 18, 19:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wouldnt call him the best drummer of 2018. hes good, but as others have said, he needs rufus or whoever is second drumming to fill in his shortfalls live now. Not knocking it, Fleetwood Mac do the same.

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
MisterCosmicc
Bohemian: 561 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 18, 20:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doesn't Roger have a wheelchair now?

Day dop user not visiting Queenzone.com
Day dop
Royalty: 1146 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 18, 03:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's playing fine here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9XMbi5kLgI

Lamebert whoehahaha

Posted: 19 Nov 18, 09:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That’s footage of 2008.
I don’t know where you’re coming from, but in the real world it’s already 2018

Lamebert whoehahaha

Posted: 19 Nov 18, 09:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That’s footage of 2008.
I don’t know where you’re coming from, but in the real world it’s already 2018

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1308 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 18, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just curious of everyone saying he needs an extra drummer or he should stop now, if Freddie hadn't got sick and was still around and wanting to tour, but his voice was a shadow of it's former self and his age meant he couldn't run around like he used to would you still want to see him/them or would you be saying similar things about him?

Posted: 19 Nov 18, 17:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it's not for nothing that you call yourself rockchic.....cause others won't.......a real rockchic doesn't need to call herself so....IF If iF IF if......( or....prob Mr.taylor extinguished his Marlboro filters on your body?..and/or he still does? ..and you still like it? doubt that btw.....guess you're from 1965? and now you're skin is way to wrinkly to crush the sigarette!!

Posted: 19 Nov 18, 17:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it's not for nothing that you call yourself rockchic.....cause others won't.......a real rockchic doesn't need to call herself so....IF If iF IF if......( or....prob Mr.taylor extinguished his Marlboro filters on your body?..and/or he still does? ..and you still like it? doubt that btw.....guess you're from 1965? and now you're skin is way to wrinkly to crush the sigarette!!

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1308 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 18, 18:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bootlegger wrote:

I'm guessing English isn't your first language!!! No idea what you said, I don't speak bollocks.

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 4273 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 18, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In 2018?!