Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Bohemian Rhapsody effect on Queen fanbase

forum rss feed
Author

Innuendo559 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Innuendo559
Rocker: 23 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 01:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do you believe that the Bohemian Rhapsody movie had a positive or negative effect on the Queen fanbase?

mariah carey user is on Queenzone.com
mariah carey
Bohemian: 149 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 06:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's got a whole new generation of people in to their music, but a lot of them are misinformed, because they take the movie at face value.

dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Deity: 4937 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 07:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think we'll only know in a couple of years after we've seen how QPL monetise it.

stevelondon20 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1264 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 12:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mixed reactions really. I personally love the film. It has gathered a lot of fans, but also received some bad press.

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 7128 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's put Queen in the limelight, which has its gains and losses. It's probably a great time for tribute bands, guitar tutors who like the band, etc., as they get a lot of work, and it would've been a great time for me if I'd my old website running (I can imagine the visits it would've received at the end of last year...).

There are a few hipsters who may be all 'it's popular now, so it sucks', but well... that's life!

John hated Hot Space. Frederick's favourite singer was not Paul Rodgers. Rog didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Wales is not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 vox.

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 18:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What Website did you used to run Seb?

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 7128 posts

Posted: 18 Jul 19, 03:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was called 'Bechstein Debauchery' and it was quite awful. It tried to do and be a dozen things at the same time, and it failed miserably.

John hated Hot Space. Frederick's favourite singer was not Paul Rodgers. Rog didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Wales is not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 vox.
Stick user not visiting Queenzone.com
Act ridiculous invite ridicule

Bohemian: 286 posts

Posted: 18 Jul 19, 04:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I liked it a lot. I still visit the web archive location once in a while to read through some of the information of what I'm listening to at that moment. I always admired that someone was able to analyze Queen's music on those levels.

Posted: 18 Jul 19, 06:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll check it out mate. Cheers.

tomchristie22 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Because the wind is high
tomchristie22
Deity: 2236 posts

Posted: 18 Jul 19, 09:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I teach music to children for a living, and I can say with certainty that kids of wide-ranging ages now LOVE Queen. I can only assume it's largely the movie that's brought about that new level of interest.

When I was a kid, I was one of very few of my peers who was at all interested in the band. This was only 8-10 years ago mind you. If anything, young males were averse to it because of Freddie's sexuality. So I imagine the growing level of progressive thought among young people has also helped.