Forums > Queen - General Discussion > How smart was Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Lya12321 user not visiting Queenzone.com

add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Aug 19, 22:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How smart was Freddie or what was his IQ? I’m really curious because his word knowledge was very developed, but Roger said that he wasn’t that smart or something just because he knows so many difficult words. What do you guys think?

Kevin Spacey user is on Queenzone.com

Champion: 91 posts

Posted: 17 Aug 19, 23:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, he was thick as a brick. Come on, how are we supposed to know if none of us actually met him? You can't judge a person's intelligence (even informally) without being able to spend some time with them.

Punctuality is the thief of time
HelloDelilah user not visiting Queenzone.com
HelloDelilah
Champion: 97 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 00:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Freddie wasn't just smart. He was a absolute genius, extremely clever, and highly intellectual. I've never heard of Roger saying that about Freddie before. That's pretty funny. :D I believe Freddie's proper and traditional upbringing and formal education helped to develop his vast vocabulary and enabled him to make intuitive life decisions. That's just my observations. :)

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 00:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The last 2 posts completely contradict each other and show how ridiculous it is to speculate about nothing no one knows.

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 00:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mooghead wrote:

The last 2 posts completely contradict each other and show how ridiculous it is to speculate about something no one knows.

HelloDelilah

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 00:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mooghead, You're right. It's purely speculation. :)

Stick user not visiting Queenzone.com
Act ridiculous invite ridicule

Bohemian: 341 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 01:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There are lot's of different IQ tests. None of them provide the same scores with the same input. And more importantly, whatever your IQ, wisdom is the real measure of a smart person and that requires knowledge and insight. IQ is just an indication of function . and capacity, what will be done with it is the real thing to judge. Smart people can act dumb and vice versa. In my opinion the terms smart and intelligent relate much more to the knowledge, insight and balance one has acquired than anything else.
Freddie was quite smart. Smarter than the average bloke but not the most wise or intelligent according to me.

stevelondon20 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1391 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 07:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Moog is bang on. No one will ever know!!

jrd1951 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 08:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Freddie was very 'smart' which is different to being intelligent.He didn't do very well in exams,arrived in the UK with nothing in 1963,and was determined to make something of himself.And what an opportunity,with swinging London,the music capital of the world at his disposal and by chance meeting three great musicians.I would class Brian as very intelligent,good at exams,but Freddie obviously had far more on his mind and drove the band.

Mark_Glasgow user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mark_Glasgow
Champion: 85 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 09:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You’d have to question how ‘smart’ Freddie was to continue with his reckless lifestyle during the AIDS epidemic which resulted in his untimely demise

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 12:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have posted two topics on here and in both of them people say things like that I’m ridiculous for asking these questions. I don’t know how well you can read Mooghead and Kevin Spacey, but I asked: What do you guys THINK? This topic is just to share opinions and I was interested in your opinions on this topic. If you don’t like the topics that I post on here, please ignore this cause I don’t need these kind of comments. Thank you.

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 12:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How did you know that he didn’t do very well in exams Stick? I heard something like that too. I personally think Freddie was average smart and had an EQ wich is like emotionally very smart. High sensitive, vocabulary well trained and very creative. But nobody knows of course.

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 13:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well Roger would say that as he and Brian were not going any where until Freddie pleaded for a chance to prove he could make it all work for them and it was Freddie's song writing in the beginning that got Queen heaps and heaps of fans.
I would say Freddie is a very highly intelligent man, he knew his own destiny, he said he was not going to be a rock star he was going to be a legend and he was right.
King Mercury long may he reign !

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mark_Glasgow That was a very unfair post what you said about Freddie been unsmart so he contracted Aids.
Back then Aids was not heard of and no one knew anything about the disease, and having lack of intelligence is not the point here.
Many people get cancer but does that mean they have also had a careless lifestyle as well ?

Stick user not visiting Queenzone.com
Act ridiculous invite ridicule

Bohemian: 341 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lya12321 wrote:

How did you know that he didn’t do very well in exams Stick?

Where did I say that?

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 4329 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 16:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow. A first for Queen Zone.. a CELEBRITY!

May i say, WELCOME, Kevin Spacey.

But be forewarned, unwanted groping and grinding will not be tolerated

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"
Helena Dax user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 17:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think he was quite intelligent: Phoebe seems to think so and I've read several comments about Freddie's deep interest for opera, ballet, Japanese art... In my opinion, he started playing dumb in the interviews when he realised that the press didn't take him seriously.

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Stick, i meant jrd1951 sorry:)

HelloDelilah

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 20:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mark_Glasgow, you have a good point about his reckless lifestyle. Sadly, he didn't make wise decisions in that department and let his feelings take over.

Mark_Glasgow user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mark_Glasgow
Champion: 85 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 22:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Jack_Off if you think AIDS and cancer are similar illnesses then its not worth discussing with you